It's time for a new approach
The problem our country has with food isn't news. We're bombarded almost daily with headlines and facts about how unhealthy we are. We've even listed some on this page. Yet obesity and diet-related diseases like diabetes are still skyrocketing, and obesity-related healthcare costs are going through the roof. So how do we fix it? Unfortunately, we don't have a magic potion. Nobody does. After all, almost every grocery store in the country now features a section of organic food, and there are entire stores that offer nothing else, but nothing has changed. That's because eating healthy takes time, money, and energy: three resources that almost all of us have in short supply.
Right now, it's just too hard to eat healthy. So the unhealthy beat goes on.
We believe it's time for a new approach. Instead of asking people to change their lives to accommodate healthier food, perhaps it's time to make healthier food that better fits peoples' lives. A vitamin-infused drink for on-the-go moms. Gelatin that actually has some health benefits for kids. A nutrition-neutral chip to replace the just-plain-bad-for-you chips that we all love so much. These are the types of ideas we work on at Origin. We're not so much a food company, as we are an innovation company. We're not going to beat the same drum. We're not sitting idly by and waiting for that magic potion.
We are going to do everything we can to change the way people eat.
Fox News Report: früsh - Made in NC
The State of Nutrition
- Add Blueberries to Your 'Rainbow of Food'FarmersAdvance.com May 30 2013
- Probing the Mysteries of ProbioticsCNN Health May 29 2013
- Eating Probiotics Helps Improve Brain FunctionNaturalProductsInsider.com May 2013
- N.Y. Supasses CA as Top Yogurt-Making StateSupermarket News May 13, 2013
- Taking Probiotic May Help with Celiac DiseasePRWeb May 10, 2013
- Probiotics Boost Stamina In Heatnews.ninemsn.com May 9, 2013
- Beauty/Wellness: Benefits Of Blueberrieshouston.cbslocal.com May 1, 2013
- Wild Blueberries and Better Brain Healthdigitaljournal.com May 10, 2013
- Blueberries to Lower Alzheimer's Risk is Strongfreshplaza.com May 8, 2013
- Probiotics' Effect on Weight Losschron.com May 8, 2013